BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 1, 2022

What a life

 Good Sunday Afternoon,

Has anyone had that one thing that drives you totally insane to the point you just want to bang your head on a wall or counter? The one thing that drives me totally insane is when you give advice, shared personal experience with someone who is really close to you and what do they do? They go ahead and do the thing that they asked you advice for. 

How many times can you repeat the same mistake over and over again? Keep going back to the same situation over and over. At who's expense? Your family, you friends, your job, home? What is it going to take for you to finally learn the lesson? 

I grew up in a broken home. I thought I would never repeat the same mistakes my mother made. Jumping from one guy to another at the expense of others. The only man that actually treated her right was the man I would eventually call dad for the rest of my life. He accepted me, my brother and my sister as his own even after baby sister and baby brother were born. But my mother never stopped doing what she did. It did a number on all of us, including dad. 

From that experience, I have 2 failed marriages. Both marriages ended up in abuse. Third time is a charm they say. Yes, there have been some issues with this one, but nothing like what happened in my other marriages. I of course am no angel. I have done things that I shouldn't have, but I have learned from those mistakes.

I cannot say the same for a certain individual who is very close to me. They keep repeating the same mistake over and over. It has costed them family more than once. Not to mention a friend or two from time to time. They have put their children at risk over and over again. Even more recently when they put children at risk of abusive or being subject to their parent being abused. Now they have brought back into their home someone who is a danger to children and has verbally and mentally abused the parent of the children. They have gaslighted this person over and over. This isn't the first time they brought this person into their home and had a relationship with this individual. This individual is not supposed to be around children of any age, but yet they are living in the home. When you tried to talk to the parent, they lie straight to your face and say that the person isn't going to be around but for a day or two to help with a project. Things that make you go hmmmmm. Especially when you have 2 capable people who live right next door. 

I do not want to give up on this person because I did that once on someone and I lost them forever. I told my baby sister that if she went back to her abusive, drug-addict husband, the next time she tried to come home, she would do so in a body bag. Sure enough, she was planning on leaving him. They were coming home from a BBQ; they had an argument, and he grabbed the steering wheel while my sister was driving. That action in turn caused the accident that killed her. I do not want the same thing to happen to happen with this person. 

I do not know how much more I can take of this. I want to end this all and right now. What can I do? What should I do? 

0 comments: